Picture taken by: 

Romans 13:1-5

1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,
4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

A Fallen Man of God, is a Fallen Hero, will never be forgotten.  Pray for his family, friends and comrades. 


December 24, 1975 - September 12, 2014

Bryon K. Dickson was born on December 24, 1975, in Minot, North Dakota. 

He enlisted in the Pennsylvania State Police on June 11, 2007. After graduation from the Academy, he was assigned to Troop N, Fern Ridge, on December 21, 2007. On July 20, 2013, he was promoted to Corporal and assigned to Troop K, Philadelphia. On June 21, 2014, he transferred to Troop R, Blooming Grove. He served as a Patrol Unit Supervisor at both Stations after his promotion.


Bio & Incident Details

Age: 38

Tour: 7 years, 3 months

Badge # 10714

Military veteran

Cause: Gunfire

Incident Date: 9/12/2014

Weapon: Rifle; .308 caliber

Suspect: Captured

Corporal Bryon Dickson was shot and killed from ambush at the Blooming Grove Barracks in Pike County, at approximately 11:00 pm.

He had just walked out of the front door of the barracks when he was struck by a .308 caliber rifle shot. A dispatcher who was inside of the barracks attempted to pull him into the building but also came under fire and had to retreat back into the building. A second trooper, who had been in the parking lot, also came to Trooper Dickson's aid but was wounded before he also had to retreat into the building. The subject then shot Corporal Dickson a second time, killing him.

The subject fled the scene but was identified two days later when his vehicle and other evidence was found partially submerged in a pond two miles from the barracks. The subject was captured on October 30th, 2014, after a seven-week manhunt.

Corporal Dickson was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and had served with the Pennsylvania State Police for seven years. He is survived by his wife and two sons.